Got some leftover marinara sauce?
Dig the fridge for some bread,butter, mushrooms, olives,jalapeños and some cheese! And put together a delicious nibble..
( for two toasties)
- 2 Loafs of bread
- 2 spoons butter
- 4 tbs marinara sauce
- 2 mushrooms/olives/jalapeños ( according to preference or all three 😀 )
- Cheese ( mozzarella, cheddar,cream cheese)
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 5-5 garlics finely chopped
- 3 tbs tomato ketchup
- 2 tbs chilly sauce ( optional)
- 1 onion finely chopped ( if you wish to store the sauce, avoid the onion)
- Oregano or Italian seasoning
- Parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
In a large pan,
Pour the olive Oil, fry the garlic till golden brown. Add the tomato puree and bring to boil. Add the sauces and herbs.
Reduce it for another 15 minutes.
Cool and use/store.
In a sauce pan, place two loafs if bread. And spread a thin layer of cream cheese.
Cover it with some more cheese!